Variable Aperture Cold Stop - VariAp®*
OptoKnowledge can design and provide VariAp® Kits for any IR camera (hermetically sealed Stirling cooled, or repumpable) to replace a fixed cold stop
- Provides a continuous variable aperture / cold stop (CVA/CS) mechanism to match any f-number
- Provides a matched f-number for different optical systems that are used with the IR camera
- Can be set to two stops (a large f-number, and a small f-number) or as fully continuous with position feedback
- Operates at LN2 temperature and in vacuum.
- Only adds a low additional heat load on the cooler
- Motor controller input: 5V or 12V DC; power consumption: 350mW per motor requiring three leads feed through